CO2 alarm installation | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss CO2 alarm installation in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
Do you tend to go with the regulations in the gas safe books when installing these. Or the individual manufacturers instructions they all seem different

I wouldn’t know as I’ve never installed a CO2 (Carbon Dioxide) alarm 😂. Assume you mean CO (Carbon Monoxide), Moving on, I tend to go with the mi’s, can’t see them being that different as they should be following the British Standard.

That's the one. Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-05-14-22-39-22-61_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-05-14-22-39-22-61_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 14
Useful recommendations with reference to the British Standard's advice towards the bottom of this page:

In essence it says put the thing somewhere that air from the source is going to circulate and away from sources of heat/steam that might damage it.

More the 1/3 meters that is more critical? Though I have seen just put on top of the boiler
I follow mi’s, which we fit Aico and they state 1m minimum 3m maximum. If it’s on top of a boiler or on top of a cupboard then that’s the installer being lazy. I’ve also seen mains ones directly above a cooker 🤦🏻‍♂️

Similar plumbing topics

What about a metal blanking plate?
Replies
Views
Thanks for your response mate. Im not...
Replies
Views
The housing association I work for only get...
Replies
Views
If you have the manufacturers instructions, go...
Replies
Views
Id say recal at that price....as soon as it...
Replies
Views
Back