Coal fire Back boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Coal fire Back boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Graeme Geddes

Hi, I have an open coal fire in my living room which is only a coal fire - no back boiler etc. Basically what i would like to do is to fit a back boiler to fire radiators and possibly the hot water. behind the fireplace is nothing basically only the brick casing accessed via a cupboard in my kitchen. How easy would it be to fit a back boiler to this fire? any thoughts appreciated as I currently have oil fired central heating / hot water and you can only imagine the cost of running an oil system for the winter - it has more than doubled in price in the last year or so!!!

Thanks for any comments.....

It would not be easy a lot of ripping your house apart but it can be done but will cost you a LOT

Yep, lot of mess, lot of work and a lot of money. Can use a Dunsley neutraliser, a H2 panel or a thermal store. Was speaking to a cust. this lunchtime, has an oil combi (on its last legs) and wants a 25kw wood burner/multifuel, conventional oil boiler and thermal store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Ok, thanks, so if it can not be accessed from...
Replies
Views
when I removed the back coal saver I can now...
Replies
Views
In the back of the fireplace there will be a...
Replies
Views
Thanks mate. Been very lucky, a neighbour...
Replies
Views
Back