Coal/wood burner + Kerosene burner help | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Coal/wood burner + Kerosene burner help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

maxhollins

Hi all

I have a bit of a crisis on my hands, sadly my farther passed away Christmas morning. He used to deal with most things to do with the house.

I know that we have a coal/wood burning fire or furnace out side. Inside im pretty sure its a kerosene boiler/burner.

I have worked out how to use the kerosene boiler, it has a dial off - low - high for the temperature. There is then 2 plugs plugged in, not sure what happens if both off. But with 1 down the bath water gets heated, and with both on the house radiators get heated.

I can always remember him saying only use the kerosene boiler if i cant get out to make the fire though. Think this was because its cheaper to burn stuff rather than pay for kerosene? He has saved a lot of wood over the years and he cut it all down ready just to put in the fire.

I managed to get a fire started today in the outside burner but sadly i couldn't get it to heat the house up. I don't know if this is because the switches still need to be on inside (im sure i tried having them both on but the dial for kerosene set at off and it didn't work). or because i didn't let air to fire enough or it could be anything i have no idea.

Any advice on how to work the out site wood/coal burning system would be extremely appreciated and would help me so much.

thanks Max

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 59
  • photo (2).jpg
    photo (2).jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 54
Last edited by a moderator:
it's best you get someone qualified to check both boilers & advise.
That oil boiler is ancient & has, I think, an oil hose over the top of the burner which is a fire hazard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whereabouts are you?

You need somebody in to show you what's what.

But you have a number of issues with the oil boiler, especially not keen on the soldered fittings on the oil line.

It's always nice to see the allen keys in the bottom of the boiler

sorry for the loss of your father, but bad news is you really need someone qualified to do a safety check on both those appliances before you try using them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

C
You could prob have two circuits joined by a...
Replies
Views
Of yes of course, I never thought of that! At...
Replies
Views
N
Replies
Views
S
The fusible wheel head valves are notorious...
Replies
Views
Thanks everybody for your advise. Will call...
Replies
Views
Back