Cochran Boilers - Croppie - have you worked on them? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Cochran Boilers - Croppie - have you worked on them? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHPES

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Not done anything on one for a very long time but I bet Croppie is familiar with them. Helped a gas engineer plumb one in to a big leisure centre a number of years ago. Quite a beast it was.

Good job you didn't put money on that Roy!

Heard of them, never worked on them. Got a vague idea they're steamers.

I think they are all steamers now. Not sure what the old one was. All I had to do was bring a water supply to the system so never paid much attention to the boiler itself. Guess there would have been some secondary heat exchanger system elsewhere but never saw it.

Could have been in the swimming pool plant room (which was massive).

The only thing I remember about that job was seeing condom wrappers left on the floor in the boiler room. Guess there was more than one boiler being serviced there.

Could have been in the swimming pool plant room (which was massive).

The only thing I remember about that job was seeing condom wrappers left on the floor in the boiler room. Guess there was more than one boiler being serviced there.

Do you know it really hurts when you send rum through your nose?

Ha ha. When we were there, we had a sort of game between us looking at the staff at the leisure centre, trying to guess which of them were the ones at it.

Back in the days when I worked for BT we used to work nights helping the battery section out. Deptford exchange was brilliant for seeing couples go at it hammer and tongs round the back of the leisure center!

They had the swimming pool re-tiled at the same time as the boiler was being replaced. There were literally dozens of pallet loads of tiles. Must have been back breaking work.

Back in the days when I worked for BT we used to work nights helping the battery section out. Deptford exchange was brilliant for seeing couples go at it hammer and tongs round the back of the leisure center!

so this is where you started your collection of dirty knickers

Pal of mine said in some far off part of Wales their leisure center comprised of 4 sheep tied to a lampost not quite sure what he meant:smug2:regards turnpin

When I first started work at 15 the engineer I worked with taught me quite a lot about the Thomas Cochran boiler at the factory I started work at .It was a wee chieftan model with a hot well recovery set up and it was a steam producing boiler .Sometime`s I wish I could go back in time when thing`s seemed so simple then ..ahh!!regards turnpin:bigcry:

Pal of mine said in some far off part of Wales their leisure center comprised of 4 sheep tied to a lampost not quite sure what he meant

Careful, one company I worked at a guy got disciplined for racial harassment for making similar comments about Welshmen. You have been warned.

A bit full in aint it ! Everyone i know would just take it as banter ! But u will always get one !

When I was a kid I would hear all manner of people tell overtly racist jokes about blacks, Chinese, Jews, asians etc out loud to everyone, which everyone laughed at then. Today such jokes are considered unacceptable, (with the only notable exceptions being jokes about the Germans and the French)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, thanks for the reply, that did cross my...
Replies
Views
I’m guessing the installer didn’t have a...
Replies
Views
Thank you for reply. I have isolated the noise...
Replies
Views
There could still be 22mm pipework left...
Replies
Views
Anyway, you can always increase the boiler...
Replies
Views
Back