Cold radiator | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Cold radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning guys,

I went to my mums yesterday and she commented that the radiator in the hallway was cold, so I offered to have a look.

She has recently had an extension built onto the front of the house with 2 new radiators and a heated towel rail, she originally had a massive double radiator in the hallway, which has been replaced with a smaller one, which is the one that's cold.

She said that the radiator in question worked when it was installed, but since the weathers got colder its stopped, I asked her if the plumber balanced the system and she thinks he did.

As the radiator is in the hallway along with the room stat, it doesn't have a TRV. I made sure it was turned on, and then fully opened the lockshield, still nothing (we believe this is the last radiator on the system) I then turned off the other new radiators and towel rail and the flow pipe got mildly warm but not nowhere near hot, so I went and turned the pump from 2 to 3 and suddenly the rad got hot, so I turned all the others back on and it stayed hot!

So the question is, have I resolved the problem, or is turning up the pump speed just covering up for something else and should she still call back the plumber?

Many thanks,
Carl.

isnt balanced correctly!
leaving pump on three can be ok depending on how its piped though it could pump over or drag air in. a pump should be set to the lowest setting at which the system works but should ideally not be used to compensate for an unbalanced system

It is an old school gravity hot water, pumped heating system with 9 radiators and a heated towel rail. Would the whole system need to be rebalanced or just the new additions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

1/4 turn black knob on both. open bleed screw...
Replies
Views
It is set to that, max output, CC3 at 6.5M...
Replies
Views
It looks like a bog standard, at the moment it...
Replies
Views
Need a heating engineer in Central London I...
Replies
Views
Pin hole leak on suction side of pump.
Replies
Views
Back