cold water supply to handbasin mixer tap | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss cold water supply to handbasin mixer tap in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hi need help please,my wash hand basin has a hot water feed from the storage tank and a cold water mains feed to the two separate taps ,I would like to put a mixer tap in so do I need both feeds from the header tank and would it be ok to take a 15mm branch of the 22mm pipe that feeds my bath mixers on the cold side.

Biflow mixers tap is the way to go. Non return valves will not work. All they will do is prevent the higher cold pressure forcing itself up the hot pipe. The pressure will however still stop the hot from flowing after these valves are fitted. Something many find out the hard way.

Alternative is to balance supplies properly which means a tank fed cold feed. In which case ensure your Tap can be used on low pressure systems, many mixers cannot!
Or get a pump fitted to boost either one or all your hot water outlets

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Marley Equator Demount tool in 15mm seem to be...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You Can Use Boiler, Heat Pump.
Replies
Views
  • Question
take iso valves off and fit 1/2 inch x 22mm...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks. I'll try to find a hard copy as I...
Replies
Views
Back