Cold water tank question | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Cold water tank question in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

O

Old Account

I believe I have got a 2/3 bedroom flat ( quite small / not as big ) and have a vented system.

Right above the cylinder is the header tank which is currently an old 50 gallon tank.

Does somebody know what's the right size of tank to install ?
Is there any chance to install a smaller tank ( poly tank )?

also to where are you guys get your tanks other than screwfix as I am trying to hunt as cheap as possible to ...or is 135£ a decent price at screwfix ?

Would appreciate when someone could let me know.

regards Ron

best fit like for like or customer will moan if things run out, like hot n cold water, go to an independent merchant like williams, 9/10 times they will beat screwfix and have the items in stock

best fit like for like or customer will moan if things run out, like hot n cold water, go to an independent merchant like williams, 9/10 times they will beat screwfix and have the items in stock

Hello lame I hope you are well ...

Thanks for getting back to me that quick.

I did a mistake it's a 1 bedroom flat so still like for like ? 50 gallon 227liters ?

Williams is not nearby East London

Look at the table on this link Cold Water Storage per Occupant I don't think its 100% accurate but its close, from memory in domestic property its 127L per bedroom OR per person I can't remember I think its per person, so a 1bed flat that could have 2 people would be around 254L so the current 227L would be about right, the proper sizing is in the building regs part L (I think)

Look at the table on this link Cold Water Storage per Occupant I don't think its 100% accurate but its close, from memory in domestic property its 127L per bedroom OR per person I can't remember I think its per person, so a 1bed flat that could have 2 people would be around 254L so the current 227L would be about right, the proper sizing is in the building regs part L (I think)

Top man appreciate too.
So I'll just leave it like it is changing like for like.

Thanks to all for your help

BS EN 806-2:2005 Design - (806 replaced 6700 a few years back)
19.1.4 Page 35
"For most dwellings where a constant supply at adequate pressure is a statutory requirement, a maximum capacity of 80 l per person normally resident should prove satisfactory. A larger capacity based on 130 l per person would be appropriate where cistern refilling normally takes place only during the night hours."

Before this it also states - "In determining the total capacity of cold water storage in the premises concerned, account shall be taken of:
a) the need to prevent stagnation by ensuring that water is held in storage for as short time as possible; and
b) the requirements of any associated water fittings and appliances, particularly where supply interruptions can cause damage to property or inconvenience to the user."

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Yours is an old fotic cylinder, Thermal store...
Replies
Views
  • Question
That's not what I meant. Are the hot and cold...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I'm lucky enough to be able to 'aquire '...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I think some public libraries can get you a...
Replies
Views
Back