Combi + 1 radiator to replace old multipoint water heater? | Plumbing Zone | All Other Country's | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Combi + 1 radiator to replace old multipoint water heater? in the Plumbing Zone | All Other Country's area at Plumbers Forums

S

streetmj01

I'd appreciate any advice on this situation.
We have a very old Chaffoteaux Britony II multipoint water heater fitted under the kitchen sink. It is working fine, although recently we have had to replace 2 fibre washers after the inlets leaked. The first was replaced by a local plumber, the second I managed to replace myself before the plumber arrived. When he did arrive we discussed a replacement. As we have a fairly recently replaced warm air system we just wanted a like for like replacement for the multipoint. Regulations introduced since ours was installed make it seem impracticable with regard to positioning. An alternative was suggested. This was a combi boiler with just one small radiator. Nothing further was done but as winter draws on and the heater pilot light has blown out a few times recently I have been thinking about this again. It may be as simple as a thermocouple but it can’t last forever.

Is such a replacement a solution? Advice/suggestions welcome.

Have a look at [DLMURL="http://www.rinnaiuk.com/rinn/index.php?id=31"]Gas Hot Water Heaters, instantaneous gas water heaters, domestic central heating - Rinnai UK[/DLMURL] to get an idea of what is available now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Pilot fault on those very common, as said, get it serviced properly and it will do you fine.

Many thanks for advice, especially re. servicing our existing heater. After a quotes of £1100 to £1700 for new multipoint to combi + 1 radiator we asked local plumbers for quotes/advice. Only one got back to me and did a clean/service for £30. Blocked jet as diagnosed on this advice forum. WONDERFUL!!!!!! Thanks again to all who took the trouble to reply.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
What’s the flow rate out of the hot tap
Replies
Views
If you are thinking about installing pv panels...
Replies
Views
Murdoch
M
  • Question
Hi I have a small semi-detached and it is...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
There were issues with failing heat exchangers...
Replies
Views
Back