Combi 24 i Junior problem? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Combi 24 i Junior problem? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

flesi

Gas Engineer
Hi guys, having a bit of issue with combi Worcester 24 I junior ,basically following the ignition sequences it clicks but won't start and it goes to lockout but it does start with the case off. I've changed the fan and APS and it was working fine. Then the next day costumer saying is going to lock out again, any ideas , suggestion will be appriciated . Cheers

Check flue is clear and complete.Ive had this myself and found that flue had come appart in were it passed through the loft to the roof but it lit with cover off because then it was taking enough air from the room it was in

Thanx for replying , its got a vertical flue and I 'm going to check the flue. I will let u know the outcome. Cheers

if you check where the tubes of the APS are joined together these can become distorted due to heat. I had one of these and had replaced loads of bits only for this plastic tee piece to be the cause, good luck

flesi you could check the difference across the APS! That'll let you know for definite whether its a flue flow issue :) Does sound like it though :)

Thx Gasmarc and Diamondgas, the tubes seem alright. Had a visual check of the flue doesn't seem blocked thou I thinking to take it off and check properly. All it does now is , it fires up with the case off , once u put the case on after 2 min it stops again and it goes to lockout, slow flushing lights. I've scratchin my head now, I've already changed PCB and APS 2 months ago, and now new fan . Any other suggestion will be appriciated . Thanks again guys

Fair play Wazzer, the fault is intermittent . Basically I've checked fun , APS , thermistors , flueways and the boiler seem to work fine . Then couple days after I get a phone call from the customer the boiler is gone on lockout again. I reset it and it works fine . So honestly I don't know what exactly is wrong with it.

I have an auto electrician dose some work for me if I say i have a problem sometimes he says give me a call when its doing it all the time ......You can test all the components and they are working ok when you test

check the polarity of the electrical supply. ive found a few of these whereby the boiler appears to have an intermittent fault..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Unfortunately the fitting of a new Venturi did...
Replies
Views
Also check the little 4-6mm pigs tail tube
Replies
Views
exactly when fan runs you should get...
Replies
Views
Get worcester to do a fixed price service &...
Replies
Views
im going for another cracked hx.
Replies
Views
Back