combi boiler and indirect tank | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss combi boiler and indirect tank in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BenC

ive got a customer who is wanting to keep their indirect cylinder and plumb it into the new combi they have fitted, they are wanting to keep the cylinder just for the sake of the bathroom as they use the bath alot. what im wanting to know is the best way to go about it. any diagrams would be helpfull, cheers ben

ive got a customer who is wanting to keep their indirect cylinder and plumb it into the new combi they have fitted, they are wanting to keep the cylinder just for the sake of the bathroom as they use the bath alot. what im wanting to know is the best way to go about it. any diagrams would be helpfull, cheers ben

Dead easy - just take a separate flow and return to the indirect cylinder and use 2 Honeywell 2 port motor valves on the flow pipes. The grey and orange wires of the motor valves connect to the switched contacts on the combi boiler and the live feed to the motor valves can be run through a timer and cylinder stat. Just Google 'S plan' for diagrams.
Swapping the combi for a system boiler is a complete waste of time and money because, guess what, a combi boiler IS a system boiler .... but with some 'hot water making' gubbbins added in as well !

Dan

thanks for the advice a sparky will be doing any wireing in of the valves etc. and i dont think they would want to scrap the combi as its fairly new install.

the 2 port valves go on the flow for the indirect and the flow for the radiators, is that right?

Hooking a combi up in this way is a good system. Hot water for downstairs/basin taps is made by the combi and a cylinder does the bath/shower water - stick an immersion in the cylinder for the summer and you have a good set up which will be quite economical and give good service/flow rates where needed. We have done a few like this over the past 20 years and no come backs.

centralheatking

the 2 port valves go on the flow for the indirect and the flow for the radiators, is that right?

Yep, if you google 'S plan' you will get both piping and wiring layouts

cheers

Dan

just remember to use the auxilary switch wires grey and orange usually to switch the boiler

i could i not just use a 3 port valve and tap into excisting flow pipe, if you get what i mean. would save the cost of an extra 2 port valve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

It doesn't have a thermostat and the cylinder...
Replies
Views
C
Seems reasonable but I'd still rather have...
Replies
Views
M
A large storage combi could feed more than two...
Replies
Views
PH is 7.5. Chloride is 194. The last water...
Replies
Views
What I mean is that because everything works...
Replies
Views
Back