Combi Boiler Buzzing Noise | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Combi Boiler Buzzing Noise in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jimbo100

Hi,

Just after a bit of advice with a really intermittent noise my combi boiler randomly makes.

It makes what I can only describe as a buzzing noise - this only ever happens when the central heating is first heating up - usually just as it gets up to temperature - 50Cish. Out of all the times we've used the heating so far this winter its only done it twice. To stop the noise, you normally just open a hot water tap and run it for 20/30 secs. Then when you shut off the tap and the heating clicks back in, its ok again. It never does it when using hot water - only the CH.

As said its really intermittent as well - so hard to get someone around to look at, as chances are it won't do it when they come around. The boiler is regularly serviced and has never had any issues - its Saunier Duval brand - can't remember the model on the top of my head. I've uploaded a quick mp3 of the noise here:
Boiler.mp3 - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
As the forum wouldn't let me attached an mp3 file.

If anyone can shed some light of give me some ideas I'd be grateful.

Cheers,
James.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, my boiler starts to make some loud...
Replies
Views
A
I looked up the faults out of curiosity as I...
Replies
Views
Or elec bills as it would be running...
Replies
Views
Sounds like it could be the stepper motor for...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Could be right above the boiler pipework or...
Replies
Views
Back