Combi boiler - central heating losing pressure possibly via condensate drain | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Combi boiler - central heating losing pressure possibly via condensate drain in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

davehornby1

Good afternoon all,

I have an Ideal Isar HE24 that is fitted in our new home (been moved a month), but i have noticed that i have to top up the central heating circuit, as it loses pressure. I have checked all the visible pipe work at the radiators (no leaks), but have noticed that the condensate pipe is very wet.

any ideas?

Thanks in advance - Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to get an engineer to look at it I'm afraid. It could be one of a few things but the best scenario would be the heat exchanger failing,because then you'll have to get a new boiler. As you've moved in to a new house,you could save yourself a lot of trouble by replacing it. Just do a search on here for "Ideal Isar problem"

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it's an awful boiler.

1 in 3 of the isars we used to fit didnt work out of the box from new.

Had about 4 or 5 of these ideal boilers breakdown over x mas period / Isar/Icos & EVO.If can aford it would recommend replacing it prob end up cheep in long run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Ok great...really hoping it wasn't a leak.
Replies
Views
Np Simon. Hoping to get the boiler engineer...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
the op says no water in prv balloon so not prv...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the reply, I’ll try your...
Replies
Views
Back