Combi boiler choice. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Combi boiler choice. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fifec123

Hi all im installing a new combi system in my house and have been recomended a few boilers by my gas engineer. Im just after some advice what other people are running or if you would recomend any of the following boilers or if you have any good or bad experiences with them........

Worcester bosch junior 24i.
Baxi platinum 24he
Potterton performa eco 24he.

Any advice or feedback welcome, Many thanks!!

its a 2bed with a small loft conversion so sort of
a smallish 3bed

30si everytime better hot water flow rate than 24i. Fitted worcester boilers for 6 years only ever had one call back and was under guarantee fixed next day excellent customer service.

---

Last edited by a moderator:
veissmann for me, not as expensive as worcester, but just as good imo.
not sure about viessmann s aftersales yet though , worcester take a bit of beating for service, they re offering a 5 year guarantee untill end of the year as well.
if you have a bath to fill and dont want to wait half an hour to fill it in winter go for as high an output boiler as you can afford to get a decent DHW flow rate/temp rise. the diference in price between 24 and 30 isn t too deadly, you might have to upgrade the gas supply from meter if choosing a higher output though, and that adds expense.

what is your hot water demands? ie. number of taps/bathrooms/showers and what is your cold water supply like? if you cold main has poor flow and/or pressure a combi may not be the best solution.

^ good point/s , if the installer is recommending a 24 combi i m thinking you only have 1 bath/showerroom and he s tested the main.
wouldn t fit a 24 in a place with a bath, studio/1bed flat with a shower only maybe.

Dont fit the junior go up to a si least u have the ability to change the temp of the water if u want to, Worcester for me as well fitted them last year and a half no probs with em

Here is one i have often though about.

Why the price difference between different output boilers when essentially it is exactly the same boiler with the pcb altered to make the fan spin faster?

Would only consider the 24kw in a one bed flat with an electric shower due to low flow rate on the hot water. As said earlier go for the largest output boiler you can afford to put in. Worcester are very good boilers so consider these first, a Vaillant ecotec pro 28 is also a very good boiler but a bit pricey.

Would only consider the 24kw in a one bed flat with an electric shower due to low flow rate on the hot water. As said earlier go for the largest output boiler you can afford to put in. Worcester are very good boilers so consider these first, a Vaillant ecotec pro 28 is also a very good boiler but a bit pricey.

I'm with the Vaillant. Also giving out 5 year guarantees until Xmas on most boilers. Though having said that the Pro is 3 years.

Good question tamz. Friend told me a while back there is a pcb or chip of sorts that changes output on 24 i's obviously not wb approved. Anyone else heard bout this?

Good question tamz. Friend told me a while back there is a pcb or chip of sorts that changes output on 24 i's obviously not wb approved. Anyone else heard bout this?

It is probably dead easy to do and for the manu costs no more whatever version.
Different prices for bigger rated boilers could be justified years ago when they required bigger burners and heat exchangers but not now.
It is imo a good earner for them.

Thanks for your replies, think i will stick with worcester bosch then. My engineer said i could have either the 24i or 28i so i think i will go for the higher output.

Is the much difference between the WB 24/28I JUNIOR models and the 30si model? I was going to order the whole system (boiler, rads and pipe) from "mr cental heating" but they dont have the Si models listed! They only have the CDI models or Junior models listed! Is the CDI model the same?

Any advice or opinions welcome
Many thanks

U havent got anycontrol of the temperature of the hot water on the WB Juniors, si cdi has

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Do you know if it’s damaged more parts they...
Replies
Views
This question has been discussed a couple of...
Replies
Views
Probably temperature sensor or thermistor that...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Because it will adjust the boiler to the...
Replies
Views
Back