Combi boiler - enough pressure for shower head? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Combi boiler - enough pressure for shower head? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Atholl

I have a SIme Halstead Combi30/90 combi boiler. It says it gives hot water at outputs between 8.79kW (30,000 Btu/h) and 26.4kW (90,000 BtU/h)
flowrate seems t be between 8.4 and 10.8 l/min
Min DHW pressure is 0.9 bar,max 7 bar

The combi is on the ground floor, I have a shower on the first floor, and want to know if pressure will be OK to use with an 8 inch static shower head (Aqualisa Aquatique)? Or should I go for a 5 inch?

Thanks

I would never use this type of fitting or mixer on a Combi, whatever size as you are just asking for problems and the result will be unsatisfactory.

You need to look at a low flow rate, possibly "eco" range shower.

I have removed two of this type of shower on combi systems within the last year and replaced for standard lower volume thermostatic mixers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
Not a problem there, then. When the boiler is...
Replies
Views
B
  • Question
Static pressure is not the be all and end all...
Replies
Views
Will do. Many Thanks for your help
Replies
Views
It’s one of them if it’s the only place it can...
Replies
Views
Back