Combi boiler for new installation. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Combi boiler for new installation. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

breakdown

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Dont do much installation work but usually fit worcester greenstar 30si. Have a new installation to do rip out old and fit new. The house is a 3 bedroom semi and is getting extended downstairs, extra room and kitchen enlarging and shower room downstairs. So the boiler will providing heat for 10 rads and dhw for bathroom basin and bath and downstairs mixer shower and basin also kitchen sink.30si would be ok for heating but not for hot water.Any suggestions for a combi boiler to suit this installation. p.s. cold mains pressure is ok.

I like the worcester highflows but there an expensive bit of kit I think.

Just looked at the 42cdi combi on the worcester web site. what is vaillants equivalent spec wise ?

Vaillant ecotec plus 937. Amazing piece of kit if you have room for it. It sticks out from the wall more than most but it produces 20l/hr of continuous hot water. It has a 15 litre twin store of hot water so doesn't qualify as unvented. Look into it mate. It's going to be my next boiler when my Worcester combi has shot it.

Not sure on budget yet but dont favour vaill or wb just a bit more familiar with wb fault wise so just went on to install them.Early stages but there was talk of the boiler going on kitchen wall so will luck at the vaillant you mentioned backboiler and check dimensions and prices.

I like the worcester highflows but there an expensive bit of kit I think.

Too much to go wrong. Put one in for my parents and regret it. Condensate pump went and cost £300 to replace near enough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'd go for Vaillant 937 btw.

Not sure on budget yet but dont favour vaill or wb just a bit more familiar with wb fault wise so just went on to install them.Early stages but there was talk of the boiler going on kitchen wall so will luck at the vaillant you mentioned backboiler and check dimensions and prices.
It sticks out approx 600mm from the wall but its worth it if you have space

fitted a few 937's and they worked very well, you need a air cupboard or big corner to put one in really, dont look to good next to a standard kitchen cupboard.

No on a kitchen wall i wouldn't. Looks about as good as a wall mounted washing machine would look. If you can't hide it forget it,

Agreed, but I don't think that's been specified?

Better that than the highflow. That is LITERALLY the size of a washing machine and weighs 130+ kilos.dragging that down the cellar steps wasn't fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I recently fitted a new central heating...
Replies
Views
T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I...
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
  • Boilers
  • Latest:
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
The condensate pipe might be sharing the drain...
Replies
Views
Billy Boiler
B
M
A large storage combi could feed more than two...
Replies
Views
update on this, attached the Kinetico HE water...
Replies
Views
Back