Combi boiler, hot water but no heating | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Combi boiler, hot water but no heating in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have an Ideal Espirit 2 boiler, the water is working perfect but the heating is not working.
We had a new pump fitted about 12 months ago, I've had three tradesman in and they have all said sometime different; one said I needed a new pump the other said I needed a new programmer and the third said I needed a new boiler.
I'm sick of being ripped off, can someone please let me know if they have any idea what the problem could be
Thank you

Ideal have a fixed price repair, if your stuck

It's the Esprit 2 35w - itime programmer

IMG_0852.JPG

Well as its working for hot water that means your Pump is OK, these did have problems with the control panel, but other things need to be checked on heating side not allowed to go into to much detail ! what did the other people check when they looked at your boiler ??

Well as its working for hot water that means your Pump is OK, these did have problems with the control panel, but other things need to be checked on heating side not allowed to go into to much detail ! what did the other people check when they looked at your boiler ??
I’m not sure what was checked, other than three different options, I’ve purchased a new control panel which should be here Monday, if that doesn’t fix it then I’ll replace the bluetooth thermostat.

i have an Ideal Espirit 2 boiler, the water is working perfect but the heating is not working.
We had a new pump fitted about 12 months ago, I've had three tradesman in and they have all said sometime different; one said I needed a new pump the other said I needed a new programmer and the third said I needed a new boiler.
I'm sick of being ripped off, can someone please let me know if they have any idea what the problem could be
Thank you

Sounds like external controls at fault. Simple test is to pull message wires out and put a link in. If programmer/stat at fault, your boiler should now run constantly on a heating demand

I knew there was something I didn’t do
I’ve bought a new control panel which I’ll fit Monday and see what happens.
I’ll post the results

FYI you need to be gas safe ;)

I’ve fitted the new itime programmer and still no heating :mad:
Next step replace the Bluetooth thermostat, does it have to be a specific thermostat or can I buy any one?

I do not think that the timer you have shown is Bluetooth? Do you have a receiver to go with the thermostat. If so can you post a picture. Cannot remember what you said in you previous posts.

Think what he has is a RF room stat not Bluetooth ! why is he messing around replacing parts that may not be faulty, any decent engineer can soon tell if the RF unit the problem,

Think what he has is a RF room stat not Bluetooth ! why is he messing around replacing parts that may not be faulty, any decent engineer can soon tell if the RF unit the problem,
That’s where I was getting. To mate. Probably external controls all along as somebody said in a previous post.

I’m not an engineer, I have had three different heating engineers look at this and they have all told me a different reason for the fault. The prices they have quoted to repair were stupidly high
This is a picture of the heating controls, apologies if I have given any wrong information previously,I am just trying to find an honest engineer, which is proving to be difficult

90B1BB03-0FA0-4363-95ED-58B1869E751A.jpeg

403071A0-3740-451C-9EAB-54DD2D33C4A0.jpeg

I’m not an engineer, I have had three different heating engineers look at this and they have all told me a different reason for the fault. The prices they have quoted to repair were stupidly high
This is a picture of the heating controls, apologies if I have given any wrong information previously,I am just trying to find an honest engineer, which is proving to be difficult

View attachment 31408

View attachment 31409
Decent engineer are hard to find that’s why we say on here gonfor someone that is recommended to you. Is the light not the right of the receiver orange or red?

That stat is rubbish replaced a few the range isn't what it's listed at try less than half

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

K
Is the set up you have now very poor or are...
Replies
Views
System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
L
That shouldn't happen. Going to need lots of...
Replies
Views
Back