Combi boiler + hot water cylinder? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Combi boiler + hot water cylinder? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bear p

Hi all,
I've just moved in to a house that has a worcester bosch combi boiler but also has a hot water cylinder that is getting hot? Even when i turn the central heating and hot water off on the control pannel about every hour the boiler kicks in for about a minute or so to keep the water hot i assume as ther is always hot water?

Any ideas?

Hello Bear,:welcome:
is any hot water supplied from the combi?
is there an immersion to the cylinder?
do you still have storage tanks in the loft?
a bit more understanding of the set up is required me thinks

Think a cple of pics are needed.
We def sure it's a combi?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

U sure it's a combi & not just a system boiler

your probably right with that, I just took it as said that its a combi, and then curious as to how its been set up.

how many pipes come out from the boiler bear?

I think the hot water is supplied from the combi, there is an immersion on the cylinder connected to a timer but this is turned off. yes there is one small cold water tank in the loft. I think it's a combi, I was told it was by a plumber who came out to do some other work, It's a preasurised system if that helps, it's got a bar pressure guage on the front of the boiler.

That's not a combi.
3 pipes =
1Flow - hot
1Return - slightly cooler than Flow
1Gas

You have a system boiler pal. It's firing up every now and then to top up the hot water in the cylinder. Check your programmer and alter the times to suit you.

Nice one, cheers,
the plumber that came out wanted £500 to plumb it in "as it should be!!" so he said!
Thanks for the advice guys.

Because its pressurised doesn't mean it's a combi but from what uv said its a system boiler

It is just coming on to keep the hot water topped up with heat

Nice one, cheers,
the plumber that came out wanted £500 to plumb it in "as it should be!!" so he said!
Thanks for the advice guys.

Maybe someone has plumbed a combi in as a system boiler and needs converting over?

Had one of these so calld plumbers round to a system i install'd in Penzance, told customer that it was all wrong and need'd a lot of work to put it right Vaillant boiler / large cylinder heating , told customer everthing wrong, customer chucked him out, did not know differance between combi and system boiler, how do these chaps manage to get work ???

Had one of these so calld plumbers round to a system i install'd in Penzance, told customer that it was all wrong and need'd a lot of work to put it right Vaillant boiler / large cylinder heating , told customer everthing wrong, customer chucked him out, did not know differance between combi and system boiler, how do these chaps manage to get work ???

It's scary!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

L
That shouldn't happen. Going to need lots of...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Oh dear. Plumber it is!! I chose the wrong...
Replies
Views
Thanks CJG, I understand what you're saying. I...
Replies
Views
It's a sealed system so if its leaking from...
Replies
Views
Back