Combi Boiler in Kitchen | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Combi Boiler in Kitchen in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rodders

Any regs on siting a boiler next to a kitchen sink?

Any minimum distances etc required? Just thinking if customer has hands in sink and goes to touch boiler etc

Thanks

There are no regs for a boiler next to sink, just bath tubs. I dont think the 600mm thing a plies as the electrics in the boiler are double insulated, thats just an opinion though.

Like i say, zones only apply to bathrooms, crazy as it seems!

Great for draining the boiler straight into the sink. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

there is nowt in the regs about a certain distance. Common sense and manufactures instructions should be followed. If you need to phone the manufacture and ask. The boiler will have an ip rating which can help identify how safe it is with water about, most modern boilers have very well sealed electrics. One good idea is to fit the isolation above the top of the boiler or other side away from sink.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

L
That shouldn't happen. Going to need lots of...
Replies
Views
T
Do a slightly dodgy job and let the extractor...
Replies
Views
Hi, I sought advice here a few years ago, to...
Replies
Views
Thanks for both replies - so the search is on...
Replies
Views
Closest to the boiler as possible would be my...
Replies
Views
Back