Combi Boiler Install Flow Rates/Pressures | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Combi Boiler Install Flow Rates/Pressures in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all,

Again, after some advice from someone with more experience than I. I'm considering a 39KW combi boiler install at a customer's property. I measured static mains pressure at 3.25 bars this afternoon. This dropped to 3 bars when I opened a tap in their loft conversion which is also mains fed.

The flow rate from the kitchen tap is 15l/min but this is coming in through a flexi-hose underneath which is obviously reducing the bore below the 15mm on the incoming mains.

The boiler I am thinking of is the Broag Remaha Avanta Plus 39KW which has a hot water flow rate of 16l/min. I think these flow rates and pressures are more than adequate to run this boiler. Does anyone disasgree or have any further advice to share?

I've installed a few of these boilers but tbh this is the first time I've done more than a visual examination of flow rates and pressures.

bump..

Here we go again - big combi with high capacity hot water flow rates - IF THE MAINS SUPPLY IS UP TO IT - and at all times of the year. When its cold the temp lift is going to reduce the flow rate and in the summer because everyone without a meter is watering their garden all day and night pressure will drop - esp on a loft conversion. Combis are only for flats and small houses as a space saving alternative to conventional systems.

If a domestic dwelling has more than 3/4 people in it with more than 1 ensuite just forget it and
install a proper system.

week after week this forum has all sorts of people posting about concerns and problems like this.

centralheatking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi John, This was actually a house I'm...
Replies
Views
M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
Any gas boiler's HEX can stand a static head...
Replies
Views
update on this, attached the Kinetico HE water...
Replies
Views
Because it will adjust the boiler to the...
Replies
Views
Back