Combi boiler installation | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Combi boiler installation in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

armour

Hello all, I'm having a combi boiler put in and would appriciate some advice.
I live in a 2 bed semi det house, 5 rads, good incoming water pressure and, at the moment hot water from a tank flowing at around 20 litres/min.
Two installers have quoted, specifiing a glow worm boiler - I'd mentioned that I wanted to conceal the boiler in a kitchen wall unit and the glow worm has a rear flue, as does the current boiler.
I've heard that the Glow worm has a poor reputation. Is this so?
Also, the only written quote I've had so far specifies a GW flexicom 24cx.
A quick look at the manufacturers website shows that this boiler is suitable for a 1 bed flat only & that the flow rate is less than 10Litres/min.
Is this the wrong boiler for the job & if so why was it specified & what would you all suggest?
I'd really appriciate some advice here as I've got to make a decision this weekend

seems like you have your head screwed on right. if an installer has specified the incorrect boiler, then bin that installer.

the key point is to talk to your installer, ask questions, explain your wishes. if the installer knows what he is talking about, he will leave you ate ease and you wont have to trawl the internet looking for answers.

im not keen on glow worms myself, tho that said i have a house with one in for 12 months now and no problems.

surely a 24kw boiler should be ok for the heating its the hot water flow rate thats the problem.

I've made my decision. I'm going for the 28KW"Remeha avanta plus28c" combi boiler installed for1900 quid all in.
The guy really impressed me and came up with some good suggestions re.pipework etc.
The only problem is that he can't start for 3 weeks, but I guess it's a good sign that he's busy.
Thanks for your input guys, I think I've made an informed choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks for both replies - so the search is on...
Replies
Views
Thanks, yes I will ask him when he comes in a...
Replies
Views
Thanks for this, much appreciated. Andrew
Replies
Views
The Orion is about 65% efficient so not great...
Replies
Views
Bypass issue? I would certainly call Veissmann...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back