Combi boiler issue controlling non-thermo shower | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Combi boiler issue controlling non-thermo shower in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jimmy Gear

I have a combi-boiler and no wet loft. Water feeds in through the mains into a serpate 200 litre tank (made by grundfos with a small pumup) wherein it goes to the boiler. Reason for this is that I'm on the top floor of a house with one mains supply.

Anyway, issue I have is that the temperature of the shower fluctuates between v cold and v hot without any notice. The shower is non-thermostatic therefore believe issue is with the boiler - this said, if my cold water comes from the tank at the same pressure all the time, unsure why the temperature difference is occuring.

Can anyone lend some advice?

I have a combi-boiler and no wet loft. Water feeds in through the mains into a serpate 200 litre tank (made by grundfos with a small pumup) wherein it goes to the boiler. Reason for this is that I'm on the top floor of a house with one mains supply.

Anyway, issue I have is that the temperature of the shower fluctuates between v cold and v hot without any notice. The shower is non-thermostatic therefore believe issue is with the boiler - this said, if my cold water comes from the tank at the same pressure all the time, unsure why the temperature difference is occuring.

Can anyone lend some advice?
had similar problem as this on a break tank system the pump cutting in and out cased the diaphram to jump about causing boiler to go on and of had to feed combi direct from main leaving cold water supplied by break tank

OK. Sounds like Grundfos might need to give me a new bit of kit? Or replace the pump...is there any reason, in your opinion, (apart from defective pump) why water would not enter the boiler at a constant pressure - and thereby leave the boiler at a constant rate enabling the boiler to remain on (assume good flow rate through the shower, bath).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
If the pressure is going that high with the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Because it will adjust the boiler to the...
Replies
Views
S
Morning all, I have a Worcester Bosch 8000...
Replies
Views
Simon from Watford
S
Back