combi boiler leak | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss combi boiler leak in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sham

Hi,

This is a two part question and would be grateful for any advice...

My combi boiler losses pressure everytime i use the heating and the pressure rises up to the red line. When i switch off the heating, the pressure then drop below one. I am having to top up the pressure each time i want to use the heating. There is also a leak outside the house on the othersifde of the boiler from the overflow. Does this all indicate to requiring a new PRV and expansion Vessel or could there be any other reasons?

I also have a leak coming from my kitchen ceiling, which is below my bathroom. I have a steam shower jacuzzi bath, which seems to be leaking from the side where the main pipes are (back of the unit). Could the above boiler pressure issue have anything to do with this leak? The inside of the unit has been sealed properly has to be something from outside of the unit.

As the saying goes 'when it rains, it pours' so grateful for your advice.

the leak outside is probably an indicater that the preasure vessel either needs recharging or replacing now the prv has been lifted its highly probable this will need replacing as well
the leak from your shower is unlikly to be connected as theres no connection between this and the heating side of the boiler its time you sought professional help if you indicate an area some one here may be able to help you there is a section in the forums for this

You need a gsr in to look at your boiler. We cannot and will not give advice on the repair of boilers for your own safety.

Please go to Gas Safe Register | Ensure your gas engineer is registered. or post a thread in the 'I'm looking for a plumber / gas engineer' section of these forums remembering to include your location. [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

If you are gsr please increase your post count to 10+ then send a pm to either Gas man or Redsaw who will then check you and then give you access to the gsr private forum.

Thank you.

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/central-heating-forum/42241-notice-gas-safety-related-advice.html

Any requests that lead me to believe you are attempting to repair the boiler yourself will result in my closing this thread.

Think its more simpler than problems.
When you top your pressure at the boiler you should top it to 1 BAR

Now when you turn your heating on, water expands therefore shows a rise on your pressure gauge (0.5 BAR)

When you turn your heating off, the water cools thus loosing the expansion in your heating, so it goes BACK TO 1 BAR

YOUR PRESSURE GAUGE IS ONLY ON CENTRAL HEATING. DOES NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH HOT WATER/COLD WATER INC TAPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

It seems to be a case of having to watch and...
Replies
Views
System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
Ok great...really hoping it wasn't a leak.
Replies
Views
Fits back on flue on top of boiler
Replies
Views
Back