Combi boiler losing pressure when the hot tap is running. Any ideas? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Combi boiler losing pressure when the hot tap is running. Any ideas? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

donnaM

Hi

I have a Ferroli combi boiler about 18 months old. It's been losing pressure for a while, but two engineers have been unable to find a problem and there's no obvious leaks anywhere. (I live in a 1st floor flat, and downstairs neighbour can't find any water leaking into her flat). Also, no water seems to be coming out of the pipe outside either.

So, I have muddled along like this for a while, filling the system back up with the loops about every 4/5 days or so.

But I have noticed today that there's a very marked pressure drop when the hot tap is running in either the kitchen or bathroom. Have never noticed it before.

What might the problem be - and is it dangerous? Should I switch off until I can get someone round?

Thanks for any advice.

Get a gsr engineer to have a look as there might be a internal leak. Your boiler will still be within its guarantee, normally 2 years if the problem is with the boiler.

Through condensate?

Should be ok to continue using. How sure are you that theres not the smallist drip coming from your pressure release pipe outside? Do you know if either of the plumbers checked the expansion vessel pressure (located inside combi)?

we can not provide any information regarding to repairing gas fired boilers ! You have to ring local plumber to repair its not a big job but will cost few cups of tee and biscuits + bill

what engineers, have you called out ferrolli yet its under guarentee still surely

I can't be 100% sure there isn't a leak coming out of the pipe, but it doesn't look like it. I'm on the first floor, and I can only see the pipe by peering out of an adjacent window at it. The wall behind it does not look marked or stained in anyway and I haven't seen a drip. (Can't do the plastic bag trick without getting ladders out & bothering downstairs neighbours!)

Engineers have both taken the panel off the boiler and it looked dry inside, but that was a couple of months ago.

Absolutely no drips coming from the unit itself & bone dry all around the rads.

I know I sound clueless (I am!) but this doesn't pose a fire or carbon monoxide risk?

To be clear - not asking for advice on how to fix it. Just reassurance on immediate safety issues. Will call someone out tomorrow.

i have came across this with a baxi duo tec and it was leaking in to the condence through the heat exchanger therefore you will not get any visual signs of leak, as it will be going down the condence waist pipe,

i have came across this with a baxi duo tec and it was leaking in to the condence through the heat exchanger therefore you will not get any visual signs of leak, as it will be going down the condence waist pipe,

Had that with a WB 40cdi......easy to find with boiler off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Ok great...really hoping it wasn't a leak.
Replies
Views
M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
the op says no water in prv balloon so not prv...
Replies
Views
What the easiest way to find why my boiler is...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the reply, I’ll try your...
Replies
Views
Back