Combi boiler losing small amount of pressure | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Combi boiler losing small amount of pressure in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Snowsride

My Boulter Buderas (now Worcester Bosch I think) combi boiler is normally pressurised to 1.5 bar. Over the last month it has lost 0.1 bar. Is this cause for concern or should I expect a small loss?

I have a heated towel rail in a bathroom that was getting air in it so I fitted an automatic bleed valve which has solved that problem but I guess there could be a leak somewhere causing this? The towel rail is much taller than all the standard rads and is the last in the line - don't know if that is significant.

A short while ago I moved a radiator in a bedroom and for the first time I used plastic push fit pipe. I didn't push it fully home the first time (didn't realise how hard you have to push) so got a real flood but I re-did all the joints and checked and re-checked and there was no evidence of any leaks.

There was a small seepage on another rad valve joint so I tightened it up and seem to have fixed it.

There is no obvious sign of leaks anywhere.

Thanks for any advice.

I wouldn't worry about it.When you moved the radiator you would have let fresh water in when you re-pressurised,and inevitably some air too. It will take a while to settle and the auto bleed valve activating will cause a small pressure loss. If you notice a larger drop,say down to 1bar,then that might indicate a problem,but don't lose any sleep over 0.1bar!!

Is your auto bleed valve the 'Aladdin' type? I'm not a fan of those,prone to leaking I find.

Thanks Bartdude I'll keep an eye on the pressure but will not worry overly.

Yes, the autovent is an Aladdin type - will watch for leaks but so far so good.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
It seems to be a case of having to watch and...
Replies
Views
Fits back on flue on top of boiler
Replies
Views
the op says no water in prv balloon so not prv...
Replies
Views
Pump/feed/expansion are piped/in wrong...
Replies
Views
Back