combi boiler on single pipe system | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss combi boiler on single pipe system in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wolfdreamer

hello everyone,

i need some urgent advise on my plumbing/ heating situation. I had a baxi combi boiler fitted onto a single pipe system and everything seems to go wrong. I seem to lose hot water and heating almost every week as the plumber who fitted the boiler keeps to do some work on it when he comes back but never solves the problem. Baxi advised me that it is not recommended to fit a combi boiler on a single pipe system, but my plumber says he never had any problems before. He also fitted a new heat exchanger and we had some heating and hot water for one night but now everything stopped again.

If anyone could give any advise please?

was the system power flushed before new boiler installed.was the boiler new??

was this second hand and why would it need a new heat exchanger..was he a qualified gasafe engineer or roy rodgers

all it would do is kill the flow and return tempertures. And possible kill the pump? Was a bypass fitted? do the rads have trv's?

the combi boiler was a brand new one and we have been told by the plumber that the system was flushed. a new heat exchanger was fitted because the plumber said that suposedly it was a faulty part but we think he is just trying to make excuses.

please tell me he is gas safe registered coz he sounds like a muppet

was the system power flushed before new boiler installed.was the boiler new??

it's a one pipe system isn't it??

the combi boiler was a brand new one and we have been told by the plumber that the system was flushed. a new heat exchanger was fitted because the plumber said that suposedly it was a faulty part but we think he is just trying to make excuses.

i'd love to know how he's flushed a one pipe system???? please tell me he took each rad off in turn and flushed by hand..... otherwise no flush

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
@woytaz thanks for the update. It's funny...
Replies
Views
Hi we’re the boiler sited
Replies
Views
It seems to be a case of having to watch and...
Replies
Views
Back