Combi boiler on the blink | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Combi boiler on the blink in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Smcart5

Combi boiler does not seem to be working properly, i had trouble with it the other day when it just would not heat the radiators so left the switch in the Mid position for off (it has three settings, off, always on and timed, uses a dial with movable blocks for time setting).

Got in from work this morning and found the place hot as hell :eek:, the rads were hot and the dial/switch combo was still set to off, i double checked this with an operation manual and its definitely off, so i switched off the power to the boiler via a separate socket on the wall.

Turned it back on later to get some hot water for washing plates etc and the switch started making a noise like the hum of an electric pylon constantly so its off for good now, going to turn off at the consumer unit just in case..

So estate agent is back in on monday, no way to get in touch from him until then, i am thinking wiring fault but i'm only college educated and not gas safe or any electrical background so i am not going near the thing

Is it dangerous, i have turned it off at the switch and i am wondering if there is any danger to keeping the electric supply to the combi off all weekend, i cannot find an isolation for the gas anywhere yet so will tough it out and boil the kettle until monday

isolated at elec supply will be fine boiler will not work without elec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I understand, thanks for letting me know.
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
O
I have not seen a Horstmann boiler, in the...
Replies
Views
W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
Back