Combi Boiler or Storage Heating Sytem? GP Surgery | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Combi Boiler or Storage Heating Sytem? GP Surgery in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

meme

Hello,
We wish to update the heating system at our GP practice. Before I ask a qualified plumber to carry out a sit visit, I wondered if anyone could advise the most appropriate form of heating system (Combi vs Storage heating), bearing in mind that we have 13 rooms over two floors, 10 sinks some being used simultaneously by healthcare staff and a radiator in each room.

I'd be grateful for any advice at this early stage of our research.

Many thanks

I would recommend stored hot water with possibly a secondary return and the whole system heated by a system boiler.

i would think a system that has stored hot water with backup heat sources would be required so you can stay open even when a fault occurs. Im assuming that there are probably NHS guidellines that must be adhered to? so you will probably have to base your system design around these requirements.

How long are the pipe runs likely to be between the boiler /or cylinder location & the furthest basins / sinks ? Can you estimate how many fitting being used at any given time & for how many hours during the day will they be in use. What type of heating do you have at present? What size is your incoming mains supply. To name but a few all of these & many more questions will be going through the heating engineers head as they try to select the most appropriate system for you & your practice, get a good one or three in to give you a quote.
I would think the above process would be a bit like trying to diagnose over the internet?

How long are the pipe runs likely to be between the boiler /or cylinder location & the furthest basins / sinks ? Can you estimate how many fitting being used at any given time & for how many hours during the day will they be in use. What type of heating do you have at present? What size is your incoming mains supply. To name but a few all of these & many more questions will be going through the heating engineers head as they try to select the most appropriate system for you & your practice, get a good one or three in to give you a quote.
I would think the above process would be a bit like trying to diagnose over the internet?

My girlfriend used to work in a dental surgery who'd had an unvented cylinder installed with a 15mm water supply. It never worked correctly and the taps used to suffer water hammer due to poor installation. Moral of the story, like Chris says, get a few quotes and go with the guy you trust to do a good job, don't choose the cheapest, just because he's the cheapest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Replies
Views
Is it fully decorated? / can you get at the...
Replies
Views
32kw boiler will conceivably do a 32 bed house...
Replies
Views
hi, no current pipework in concrete i believe...
Replies
Views
Back