Combi boiler- Power showers | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Combi boiler- Power showers in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jui

Hi guys,

I know this may have been covered previously but I would really appreciate any advice.

We currnly have a Glow Worm 38cxi combi boiler. We have 2 bathrooms in the house, oneupstairs and one downstairs, both have 8.5kw showers, and have poor power tosay the least. We are now a growing family and would like to carry out aupstairs extension, this would add 2 more bedrooms and en-suites for each. Forthe time being we are going to run a larger wire for the downstairs bathroom tohave a 10.8kw shower and change the upstairs shower to a thermostatic shower.This should help we are hoping with the power issues for the time being.

What I was wondering was if we were to carry out theextension could we add some type of tank system to the combi boiler so we canhave proper power showers? The boiler is currently downstairs and has spacearound it if we needed to add to it. I would definitely not like to change theboiler as it is relatively new and has not let us down yet touch wood.

Any advice from you guys would be much appreciated.

a decent gas registered heating engineer would be able to advise the solution. Don't speak to the builder about it. The boiler can be used to heat a cylinder even though it is a combi.

You can keep the boiler and use it to heat a cylinder, you'll need to run at least one hot tap direct from the combi though, if the boiler is in the kitchen may as well run the sink. If you do this though, make sure you have a pipe pre-fitted from new hot tank position to kitchen sink for the future time when the combi packs up and you go with a system boiler.

I've done this in my house as we have an unvented cylinder fed by a Vaillant combi (I'm too tight to buy a new system boiler when this one still works and I've got a garage full of spares!)

We are going through a kitchen renovation at the moment, what size pipe should we run to the sink in the kitchen? Do we just have the pipe running from the combi to the sink and have both ends capped in readiness for when we go for the tank system?

Really appreciate the advice.

15mm on the hot, the cold depends on whats its feeded and whats feeding it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

If the pressure is going that high with the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
M
A large storage combi could feed more than two...
Replies
Views
Back