Combi boiler pressure relief | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Combi boiler pressure relief in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Billyplumb

Hi all,

I am looking for additional guidance to present to my new boss relating to a install I came across the other day, installed by our company. Not really wanting to make any waves as the new boy on the block, but also not wanting to ignore a potential problem.

The scenario is this:

A Worcester combi 42 KW pressure relieve discharging into tundish, less than 300mm before first 90, (no HepVo valve before elbow) in plastic 22mm solvent weld pipe, terminating into a sink waste, plumbed back to back with another sink waste, (waste 50mm).

Clearly me thinks umm, but the location is located 3rd story up, so termination to outside not an easy option. Seems to me a lack of planning. I have managed to find data from NHBC, but could do with any additional advice guidance.

thanks in advance.
Bill

If anyone is interested I found these......

BBA Information Sheet No. 33: 1989 - "Unvented Hot Water Storage Systems - Hot Water Discharges from Safety Devices, BBA Requirements and Guidance"; BS 7206: 1990 - "Specification for unvented hot water storage units and packages".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Back