Combi boiler pressure when cold | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Combi boiler pressure when cold in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Truman

I had a new combi boiler fitted last week and it was set to 1 bar exactly when cold. I've been using the heating and hot water on an evening and have been checking the pressure gauge on a morning. Over the course of a week the pressure has gradually increased each day and it now sits at 1.2 bar, with a boiler/internal system temp of an indicated 27 degrees (give or take a degree) which has been consistent each morning. The system has an integral filling loop which is closed and I'm sure it's not passing as the pressure stays constant throughout the daytime, as I check it when home from work and it's the same as it was on the morning.

So to me, it seems that having the heating on and using hot water on an evening is somehow gradually stepping up the pressure. With the heating on, it rises to 2 bar which I understand is OK, but each time the pressure falls back down overnight as the system cools, its falling back to a higher and higher level.

Are there any other factors affecting where the needle sits? How accurate are they? Nevertheless, it's the consistent gradual increase that bothers me, which seems to indicate a trend, compared to just fluctuating a bit each way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there disconnect filling loop it should be disconnected anyway there is nothing to worry about your system is warmer now than when filled so pressure would slightly rise..brum

It's an integral filling loop, hard piped so it's not like a flexi hose that can be removed. It's the daily slight increase (a total of 0.2 bar over a week) that's the concern. I guess I'll keep an eye on it and if it continues to rise then there's a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

M
Isolate and drain boiler. Pump up expansion...
Replies
Views
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
Hello All. The pump was disconnected and...
Replies
Views
Ok, thanks will let here leave it is
Replies
Views
Back