Combi boiler pressure | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Combi boiler pressure in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Miss Chief

Please help no time to call an engineer in. My boiler works fine although it does from time to time lose pressure but I just turn the lever and top it up. However i have recently started using it on timer and just came home to hear it trying desperately to start but due to the drop it pressure it could not. What happens if I am not here ? will it just turn itself off or blow up ? am very worried - please help !!!!

Trying to operate the boiler with too low pressure will not harm it it will just lock out. Do not be tempted to over pressurize either 1.5 bar is about right. The reason for the pressure drop can be
one of many and often technical so rather than call a heating engineer out make an advance appointment and save some dosh. Avoiding a frozen/leaking flat or house is one good reason to find the time - I have seen the results.

centralheatking

what make boiler?

Its a Britony Combi boiler

Thanks for all your replies - I really wish I could call out an engineer but just can't get the time off work and going away and hence my worries as do not want it to cause problems whilst I am away.

it gets a bit complex now if your boiler has a low water pressure switch> no problems if it runs out of water if how ever like a lot of combis it just has a pump pressure switch it can ruin the pump if it runs low

If I just leave it off for a week in this cold weather I am likely to flood ?

yes your likely to have a freeze up and burst,you had better get some one in to sort it prevention better than cure

If you losing that much water, it must be going somewhere... underfloor? In the walls? Outside? Best find out rather than just keep topping up..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Ok great...really hoping it wasn't a leak.
Replies
Views
What the easiest way to find why my boiler is...
Replies
Views
Hello All. The pump was disconnected and...
Replies
Views
P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
M
Isolate and drain boiler. Pump up expansion...
Replies
Views
Back