Combi boiler pump | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Combi boiler pump in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Graemeworral

Hi all

This is my first post on a forum so wanted to say hello! Hope you're all well.
I have an old wickes 30/90 Combi boiler. Have replaced most things on it (diverter valve, pressure valve etc) and successfully kept it going over the last few winters. I have drained the system and added chemical to try and keep it as clean as possible but it's an old boiler and old radiators so there is sludge in the system still. I know this has been the cause of a few problems. My latest though is baffling me and was wondering if anyone could shed some light on it.

About a week ago the hot water would only come on when the central heating was on. Have fixed this in the past by turning the pump around for 30 mins or so and clearing blockages / sludge away from boiler. This time it didn't fix it. So drained the system and took diverter valve off and cleaned (although was pretty clean and not blocked). So put it all back together. Still no hot water without heating. Then About a week ago the boiler wouldn't fire up at all. the pump is turning but the pilot is not turning on. so out of frustration I gave the pump a tap/hit (I know that's not advisable but you know what it's like) and the boiler fired up, pilot light came on and whoosh heating was on.

But as as soon as the we turned it off to go to bed it didn't fire up in the morning unless pump was hit. Did this a few days in the trot and was working ok but then this trick stopped working. So presumed maybe the bearings had gone in the pump. (The pump was still turning as took the blees valve off and the spindle was turning with force still). So ordered a new pump and nothing, still no heating!

Sorry inknow now this is long winded, am more than up for buying a new boiler but I lioe tinkering and hate to be beaten. So would be very grateful if anyone could shed some light on this for me.

Thanks in advance
Graeme

Graeme, sorry mate we break forum rules helping with anything gas related .

and before somebody has a go , you shouldn't even be taking the boiler casing off !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
"While zone 2 is running if I turn up the...
Replies
Views
let it cool down first then try it
Replies
Views
Unfortunately the fitting of a new Venturi did...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I have Worcester combi boiler which has...
Replies
Views
Andy Jackson
A
Back