Combi Boiler Recentlly installed - Advice needed | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Combi Boiler Recentlly installed - Advice needed in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RichardG

Hi

I've just had a Worcester-Bosch 24i Junior combi boiler installed in the loft. Gaps were left where holes were made inside and out for the fitting of the flu and the condensing pipe etc. The plumber has stated that it is not his job to fill these holes in - could someone tell me if these gaps should have been foam filled and sealed from the outside from the elements. Also should the pipes have been lagged?

Many thanks in anticipation of your replies.

Richard

get the plumber back as it is his job to fill these holes and the pipes should have been lagged to save on heat loss and to help prevent pipes freezing in the winter.

it is part of the the flue installation to ensure it is sealed and watertight, if it is not then you can get products of combustion coming back into the room, also damp problems with water ingress.

its the installers problem, if he/she does not want to finish it then ask gas safe to come and inspect the installation (for free) and anything wrong they will get it put right.

as for pipework lagging it would be part of the installation to enusre any new pipework he/she has fitted was fitted to regulations, this will include any lagging needed . If there is old/exsisting pipework that needs lagging then this should be an extra but would have been a conversation that should have happend before the work was undertaken.

post a couple of pictures please?

you should have also have a loft ladder, walk way and fixed lighting to enable access to any boiler fitted in a loft space.

Last edited:
Even if the installer isnt going to do the work personally, its still their responsiblilty to get someone else to do it instead.

Gets right on my bristols this, probably a rush job and couldnt be bothered to do the so called snagging jobs. But making sure the flue is sealed is very important. Get on to them and get them back !!! poor poor poor !!

I Totally agree that flue needs to be sealed asap, And I also agree that was bad workmanship if he has left things like that WHAT else has he not done?

one can only imagine what else is probably wrong if he/she can not even be bothered to seal the flue through the wall.

Just out of interest what made you give him the work! Did you just ring from an advert or was he reccommended as this is very bad workmanship !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks, so i need another one?...otherwise the...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
E
It sounds like that needs to be sealed from...
Replies
Views
Back