Combi Boiler Sizing/Flow Rates | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Combi Boiler Sizing/Flow Rates in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

woodbine

Is there a combi boiler sizing table showing the Kw required for a house with x number of litres flow rate per min? Or, do installers just refer to the manufacturers flow rate spec of the Makes of boiers they are considering fitting?

Also, how do you go about checking flow rate, can you buy a cup, or is there a better way of doind it?

Many thanks.

Well you can have three different boilers with the same k/w output and all have different hot water flow rates so a table would not be much use so you have to go by manufacturers flow rates for that particular boiler

As regard flow rate, you can use the cup, very straight forward, off topic, do not know why measuring cup so expensive
Or fill a bucket to a few letters and record time, work out from above
Carry out test at peak demand times so you know what flow rate you will have in the mornings and evenings
Be aware good flow rate will depend also on correct pipe sizing of gas pipework to boiler and mains supply pipework to and from boiler :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Because it will adjust the boiler to the...
Replies
Views
R
Hi, The outlet of all my radiators are at...
Replies
Views
Renato
R
Hi John, This was actually a house I'm...
Replies
Views
The Orion is about 65% efficient so not great...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Sounds to me that the 15mm pipe that you are...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Back