Combi boiler starts up on its own | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Combi boiler starts up on its own in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gregg1908

I have recently installed and commisioned a 30kw Baxi main eco boiler.

It passed all the relevant checks and is running perfectly but the customer said that while he was asleep he could hear the boiler fire up for a number of seconds then go back into standby mode.

I had noticed it firing up once when i had first installed it before commissioning but thought it was a one off as it did not do it again.

Could anyone shed light on the probable cause please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was it a change from a conventional cylinder? And if so how did you isolate the cylinder hot and colds? Sounds like a possible dead leg somewhere?

It was a straight swap for a non condensing combi to a A rated condensing boiler.

Hello Gregg and welcome I believe some new combi`s have a feature like this to stop the pump from seizing up but not sure if applies to your model some one on here will know regards turnpin
icon7.png

Interesting ... Could there be a dead leg anywhere? Does it happen when a cold tap is turned on? I know the baxi duotec has a periodic spin of the pump now and again! Does the boiler have a pre-heat?

Sorry should have said in last post there was no cylinder it was allready out.

Extra electricity used, extra gas used.

How does this get an A rating?

I thought A meant less energy used and it was good for the environment.

The duotec does the same ... I thought it just fires up the pump though?

Regards the environment ... Any combi with a pre-heat keeps kicking in every now and again ... Not good especially once they've developed explosive ignition!!! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
It seems to be a case of having to watch and...
Replies
Views
Thanks, so i need another one?...otherwise the...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I have Worcester combi boiler which has...
Replies
Views
Andy Jackson
A
@woytaz thanks for the update. It's funny...
Replies
Views
Back