Combi Boiler water leak. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Combi Boiler water leak. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

My son moved to a new build home in Cornwall last November. Yesterday evening he found a quantity of water beneath the Ideal Combi boiler and a steady water drip from the boiler. After clearing up and putting a container beneath the boiler, he went to bed. This morning the water drip had stopped though there was some water in the container.
The builder's plumber visited this morning but could find no cause for the water leak and the boiler pressure was normal.
There is a suggestion that rain water had entered the flue pipe. However, as the flue pipe enters the house horizontally through a wall and not vertically through the roof, this would seem a long shot to me.
If anyone has any suggestions as to a more likely cause of this, hopefully, short lived event I would appreciated hearing from you.

Boiler pressure still up ?

Would get the installers back out as it defo shouldn’t have water coming in via the flue
No and it's hard for me to imagine how it would. However, I don't suppose Cornwall will run out of rain, so there will be plenty of opportunity for the flue suggestion to be tested. On a new build site, where work is still going on, I guess it will be down to the building company to sort out the problem it it persists.

No and it's hard for me to imagine how it would. However, I don't suppose Cornwall will run out of rain, so there will be plenty of opportunity for the flue suggestion to be tested. On a new build site, where work is still going on, I guess it will be down to the building company to sort out the problem it it persists.

Yep and do you know if it’s effected by the ideal recall notice ?

Similar plumbing topics

T
I know you must be frustrated, but as gmartine...
Replies
Views
It's a sealed system so if its leaking from...
Replies
Views
I have a baxi neta tec combi ga24, if it was a...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
M
Isolate and drain boiler. Pump up expansion...
Replies
Views
Back