combi boiler wiring colours | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss combi boiler wiring colours in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cobra

hi guys
just been looking at wiring diagram for a combi, noticed lots of different colour wires ie brown, black blue, yellow, white, black etc do all combi wires have the same wiring colours to the same components and do these different colour wires identify the wire ie white = switch live wire, and also generally how many components have a live, neutral and earth in a combi.
just learned the 5 tests before working on boiler with the help of you guys, just trying to identify wires and colours to further my knowledge. thanks for any help you can give me.

Short answer is I haven't got a clue and I doub't manufacturers have any colour code of conduct cobra!

Regards L N & E well a gread deal of modern components are DC not AC and low as well as high voltage! Don't get to hung up on it to be honest ... It'll all come together eventuality and then you'll wonder why I asked such a question :D

No there are no set colour codes inside of boilers,even the same boiler may have differant wiring or additional wiring, if made in a differant year
As said all differant voltages and resistances flying around
You are not going to get away with things that easily ,am afraid to say

so apart from neutral and earth which is easily recognised i should treat all wires regardless of colour as a live. ie input and output voltages? thanks guys for the kwick response so far, probably will kick myself for asking such a question one day.

LOL ... Well earth I'd agree on ... Neutral... hmmmmmmmmmmmmm! LOL Blue or Black? Red or Green? Seriously cobra forget colours when it comes to DC wiring....! They'll mess with ya head:74:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
Great summary and well done for getting it...
Replies
Views
Thanks Shaun I will have a go at it on...
Replies
Views
That is true - however with Vaillant...
Replies
Views
Back