Combi boiler with no pump | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Combi boiler with no pump in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

csj

I recently moved into a flat which has a GlowWorm combi boiler. Everything works well and the radiators warm up fairly quickly but I notice that there is no pump to drive the water through the radiators.

Could somebody please tell me whether combi systems use a pump or not. My other house, which has a traditional boiler, would not be able to provide hot water to the downstairs radiators if it didn't have a pump. If I had to change the system in the house, and decided to have a combi boiler, how would it manage if it didn't have a pump.

Thanks

Are you sure that you have a combi boiler ? Please reply with model ! you may have a heat only boiler with a hot water tank someware else. Have you got a timer for heating & hot water ??

Are you sure that you have a combi boiler ? Please reply with model ! you may have a heat only boiler with a hot water tank someware else. Have you got a timer for heating & hot water ??

I'm sure that I have a combi boiler - the model name and number is Glowworm 30cxi and it has a timer to control when the heating is on/off. The timer is an optional extra (it is not shown in the manual). The hot water and central heating are operated by two different switches on the boiler.

Thanks for the suggestion that the pump is inside the boiler - if it is, I'm surprised that I don't hear it more loudly.

Deffo a combi then.
Pumps on combis are generally quieter than open vent pumps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

K
Is the set up you have now very poor or are...
Replies
Views
Time and make a note of how long the boiler is...
Replies
Views
Pump/feed/expansion are piped/in wrong...
Replies
Views
System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
Back