Combi Boiler with tvr's | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Combi Boiler with tvr's in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Keithbutler

Hi,
Just joined the forum, I am a semi retired builder also am a time served plumber/heating engineer, I have recently moved into a property which has tvrs on all radiators, I have had a Valiant condensing combi boiler fitted, would this boiler have a built in bypass on it or should I have one of the rads without a tvr?

Most boilers do have built-in bypass valves, but generally it is good to have an external bypass or a radiator without tvr's installed.
If you have a heated towel rail or a rad in bathroom remove the tvr and install manual valve or another lockshield.
We never usually install control valves on towel rails for this reason

You should really have two lock shield valves fitted on the rad near the room stat. Position

You should really have two lock shield valves fitted on the rad near the room stat. Position

One is quite alright, as per Approved Document L1

EDIT: Yes you are of course right, i misread and though you said on two different rads!

Last edited by a moderator:
All the new boilers must have an built in by pass BUT the real question is
if the internal by-pass is as poor as the diverter valve would you trust it ? - CHK no way
so as above use the bathroom rad/towel rad as the bypass at least you know it will work

centralheatking

I requirement since the end of 2006 i believe.

new conventional boilers don't have a bypass do they? or system boilers? only combi's aint it?

bypass on the system, be it auto (recommended) and/or radiator. When you have a new boiler you should also have a room stat so this room will not need a trv, problem solved.

new conventional boilers don't have a bypass do they? or system boilers? only combi's aint it?

Heat only and system boilers require external bypass.

Gravity hw acts as bypass on partial pumped systems.

On fully pumped y plan normally a 15mm gate valve

On cascades or larger domestic normally find auto bypass set at defined pressure. (And some of the better installer s plan installs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently fitted a new central heating...
Replies
Views
It seems to be a case of having to watch and...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Back