Combi boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Combi boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dolala_1

Hi,
My boiler has been on the blink for a while now and as I live in a rented property I am not allowed to do anything to it, it all has to go through the estate agents. Since I started having problems with it I have noticed a large climb in my gas bills and am wondering if the fact that the boiler is not working properly is causing it. It has been losing pressure constantly (I had to put pressure in it before I can get a shower) there was a leak in the system also which the 3rd plumber actually worked out. It has only recently bin fixed in the last 2 weeks. Basically what I want to know is would the boiler consume more gas if its leaking and losing pressure?

Many thanks

no but oversized/worn injector or faulty gas valve etc can
really hard to tell without having equip hooked up to boiler checking pressure etc

it depends how much your topping it up every few hours then yeah as your putting cold water in....

gas prices have shot up mate simple as that - my gas bill last year same quarter was 120 less than this year!

ridiculous - and renewable heating is the way to go.

Pretty good chance that the expansion vessel needs air in it (approx 0.75 - 1 bar). As there is nothing to absorb expansion in the vessel the already hot and expanding water will get squashed..then get hotter..and expand more, thus pressure goes up - this will cause seals to leak and eventually the excess blows off thru the PRV, and so you need to repressurise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
Ok great...really hoping it wasn't a leak.
Replies
Views
Thanks CJG, I understand what you're saying. I...
Replies
Views
What the easiest way to find why my boiler is...
Replies
Views
Thanks, so i need another one?...otherwise the...
Replies
Views
Back