combi - combi changeover | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss combi - combi changeover in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
pretty straight forward apart from the gas,,boiler at back of house,meter at front a stair case in the middle of two bedrooms,the current gas pipe goes into concrete floor in 22mm and reappears at the boiler in 15mm,any band a combis that are suitable for 15mm supply,if i take the gas pressusre at pressent combi and i'm getting 18mbar + can i assume.no easy way of getting new gas line in or is there.

like mr awheating has said, the first thing you need to know is the drop in working pressure on the meter. even if you have a boiler that will sit on your 15mm pipe and you install it, if the drop is too much you fail on gas regs.

if the pressures are ok then i would think of trying the existing pipework, if when fitted its not good then new pipework needed. main worry could be effects on other appliances if undersized.

if the pressures are ok then i would think of trying the existing pipework, if when fitted its not good then new pipework needed. main worry could be effects on other appliances if undersized.
it's the only gas appliance in property

ideal logics can be fitted on 15mm aslong as your working pressures are ok.

having a 15mm isolation valve does not make 15mm pipe suitable, nor can boiler instructions decide on pipe size. You will only be able to confirm it with calculation or tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Di do not know much about this heating stuff...
Replies
Views
A bit late but what were the test results, did...
Replies
Views
Ok I think I see what your saying mate, So...
Replies
Views
And to make it even clearer, the fact that the...
Replies
Views
Back