Combi convert | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Combi convert in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whn1

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Did a convert from a fully pumped to a combi yesterday, pressurised the hot and pow! Old 3/4" pipe showed weakness under the bath and yes of course the bath panel was fully tiled :( SMASH!!! Nice end to the week.
How many of you guys have come across weak old pipe work when you pressurise a system, it's only happened to me twice in 10years..

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?wgp2jm

Don't you have a disclaimer against this? And the same when converting an OV heating system to sealed?

Wouldn't have happened had you filled up on Thursday.
I think the Law of Sod applies in your case.

Did a convert from a fully pumped to a combi yesterday, pressurised the hot and pow! Old 3/4" pipe showed weakness under the bath and yes of course the bath panel was fully tiled :( SMASH!!! Nice end to the week.
How many of you guys have come across weak old pipe work when you pressurise a system, it's only happened to me twice in 10years..

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?wgp2jm

Happened to me on my first system conversion.
hot under the bath was pushfitted to the pump and it gave way and damaged the landing wall. Ofcourse custard wasnt impressed but had to offer them a free service following year to make up.

i always make customer aware as pressurising hot water and ch could potentially create a leak

Ive got a air compressor which i use to take the system up to at least 2.5 bar before i fill up its paid off more than once

These things happen, you can't account for every factor. Lost count the amount of times it's happened to me. The way I see it the pipe work should be done to the proper standards. Not our fault if it isn't.

Hahah just got a call from the custard, sprung another two, one on the hot again and one on the cold to the toilet. He's isolated it. But still a pain.

Who said that a plumbers lot is an easy one.
It would be nice if some of the cheapskates who graze this forum read this thread and understood that they pay for more than the initial job but the backup too which is generally free.

Exactly, I'm not charging them for the repairs, they needed to be done for me to finish. The most annoying thing is when the cust rings me up saying I've got leaks at thier house.
(oh did I fit that 3/4" pipe work that was quite clearly installed before I was born!)

I have no problem repairing, I'm there to do a job and sometimes these things happen. Just wish everyone could understand that.

oh yes i had the same problem on a job only to find pipe had gone under concreat floor, and the builder had put hardwood floor down before i had finished. I had a hell of a job :nonod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

It's not 'amateurish', what you've had...
Replies
Views
1/4 turn black knob on both. open bleed screw...
Replies
Views
Will do. Many Thanks for your help
Replies
Views
Thanks, I shall take a look in that case and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Any pictures of the install ?? Configuration...
Replies
Views
Back