combi drill makite 18v 3.0ah li-ion or dewalt 18v 4.0ah | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss combi drill makite 18v 3.0ah li-ion or dewalt 18v 4.0ah in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

michael c

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
As the title really whats peoples thoughts or is there another variant people like

i bought makita 18v li-ion combi drill in september, had to take it back today to be sent back to makita with a faulty clutch. thought they were good ones aswell.

Had my makita combo drill for 4 yrs had no problems. Still as powerful as eva

I have the Makita, though woudl only go for the one with the metal gearbox and chuck (bhp451??)

thanks thats the one i have been looking at. Think its crazy though that at the minute its cheaper to buy 2 drills than a drill with a spare battery

I know, I could do with a couple more batteries, crazy prices though. Not sure what the e-bay knock off ones are like

screwfix are selling 1 18v li ion combi drill, 1 battery charger and case for 150 and seperatly 1 18v li ion battery for 150. both are 3ah.

both are good drills, imo the dewalt is better with 3 year warranteee.

thanks nelson thats where i had seen it, i like makita drills but have two 18v nicad versions with failed chargers on my work van.

I moved away from DeWalt a while back, now mainly use Hitachi which I love. Just yesterday ordered an 18v angle grinder (specifically for Grant baffles.....yaaawn). I have a Milwaukee 28v drill but hasn't lasted well.

Had my makita combo drill for 3 yrs and had no problems. Still as powerful as ever

I moved away from DeWalt a while back, now mainly use Hitachi which I love. Just yesterday ordered an 18v angle grinder (specifically for Grant baffles.....yaaawn). I have a Milwaukee 28v drill but hasn't lasted well.
interesting about the milwaukee mate as just had two people reconend it to me on another post. Is it the battery or the drill thats failing?

im about to order the 18v makita tom but looking at the sds + now aswell

Had both Dewalt and Makita drills in the past and I've just splashed out on the Dewalt combi and impact 18v 4.0ah set which i really recommend, it also comes with a decent carry case with compartments to keep bits, the case also has an air release valve fitted on it which I have no idea why (anyone?).

Had both Dewalt and Makita drills in the past and I've just splashed out on the Dewalt combi and impact 18v 4.0ah set which i really recommend, it also comes with a decent carry case with compartments to keep bits, the case also has an air release valve fitted on it which I have no idea why (anyone?).

incase you lock the apprentice inside :)

:49:Hilti has a new combi drill 36v with 6amp lion battery ................. just dont ask how much it cost:49:

Recently bought the DK18000 Makita 18v kit with combi drill, impact driver, 2x 3AH batteries and a charger... All in all an excelent box of kit for £298+VAT.
Much nicer than the DeWalt kit I'd been using previously...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You can buy 4Ah replica batteries for less...
Replies
Views
H
I suppose some tradesman just buy an 18v...
Replies
Views
About 4 volts. :) read ad the spec, the 18v...
Replies
Views
Hi macka09, I'd lean towards combi when...
Replies
Views
J
Cool mate let me know. You not interested in...
Replies
Views
julesverne
J
Back