Combi Hot Water Temperature | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Combi Hot Water Temperature in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

I just had a new Vaillant ecotec plus 831 combi boiler installed. Everything seems OK so far, but I have a question relating to the hot water temperature. The installer set the temperature to 55 degrees. When running the tap, the water seemed to get very hot - certainly too hot to put my hand in. I turned the set temperature down to 50, and this gave a more comfortable temperature, although I would have said it was more than 50 degrees. I played around with the setting to check that the boiler was actually responding to different settings - and it was. Now with the DHW temperature set to 50 degrees I ran the hot water tap for a minute or so, to make sure the temperature was stable, and then I filled a small thermos flask and inserted an accurate catering temperature probe. The reading was 55 degrees. My question therefore is how accurate is the DHW temperature setting of the boiler supposed to be? Is this kind of difference normal, or does it look like a dodgy temperature sensor in the boiler?

Does the temperature of the water fluctuate much when the tap has been on for a minute or so, or is it a constant temperature.

If its constant and not adjusting to the temperature dial on the boiler you may well have a faulty temperature sensor.

Thanks for your comment. Sorry - I now think it was a false alarm. I did another experiment. This time I let the hot water run (at about half maximum flow rate) for one minute. I then filled the thermos flask and measured the temperature, leaving the water running. I then emptied the flask and repeated this process two more times. The temperature each time was just over 50 degrees. I guess when I did the original measurement I mustn't have allowed enough time for the temperature to stabilise.

Thanks for your comment. Sorry - I now think it was a false alarm. I did another experiment. This time I let the hot water run (at about half maximum flow rate) for one minute. I then filled the thermos flask and measured the temperature, leaving the water running. I then emptied the flask and repeated this process two more times. The temperature each time was just over 50 degrees. I guess when I did the original measurement I mustn't have allowed enough time for the temperature to stabilise.

Similar plumbing topics

Yes, one of my manifolds has flow meters but...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Just shut the Lockshield valve fully, some...
Replies
Views
S
Morning all, I have a Worcester Bosch 8000...
Replies
Views
Simon from Watford
S
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Set the ufh mixer to 30-40 / what the design...
Replies
Views
Back