Combi Not Working - Main Combi 30 HE | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Combi Not Working - Main Combi 30 HE in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

A

Adlez

My boiler stopped working yesterday. After leaving it off for a while it worked all evening and this morning. Since then though it has stopped working again. I left it off for about an hour and as the house is now getting cold I just powered it up again. It came on for about 5 minutes and then stopped working again. The fault light is of the fan which according to the manual is air pressure switch that needs replacing. Section E of page 51...

http://www.mainheating.co.uk/docs/main_combi_30_he_installation_service.pdf

Everything looks fine, the fan spins up. It gets to the point where you should hear the clicks of the igniter but this doesn't happen. It can't be this though as sometimes it does work so it leads me to believe that its a check prior to ignition that's causing the issue.

Here's a video of the issue (click the video otherwise its a small looping preview).

https://goo.gl/photos/d7gwyoQzNJhfG1Tt9

Here's it working. Only watch the first 30 seconds, I left it recording thinking it will go off again which it didn't (this was last night).

https://goo.gl/photos/Hk9asntwJ3yWYoa87

Sorry to say you require the services of a gas safe engy

You can't repair a gas appliance unless your qulified

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

Hi Adlez,

There's a couple of things that we don't provide advice for on the forum. I'm afraid fixing boilers is one of them, unless you are a Gas Safe Engineer where we have a special private forum to network for advice etc.

The reason for this basically is for safety purposes, we don't want to encourage people with no gas experience/tools to start opening up their boilers and fixing them themselves.

Sorry but we're happy to help out with most other queries!

Unfortunately we cannot give advise as stated above. But I am sure a Local Gas Safe Engineer would be more then happy to help with your issue. Where are you in the country. One of the lads on here may also be able to do a visit for you.

Similar plumbing topics

Conditions: nearly 10 year old boiler WB2B...
Replies
Views
W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
H
A professional is needed to diagnose and...
Replies
Views
done, but let's assume you didn't see that...
Replies
Views
He phoned someone to ask what to do when he...
Replies
Views
Back