Combi off peak boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Combi off peak boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hi I'm not sure if anyone will be able to help me with this but as you will be able to tell I know nothing about boilers!
I've just moved into a rented flat that has an electric boiler. The landlord didn't install the boiler so he's not super useful on how anything works!
The boiler is an Electromax Combined Electric Flow Boiler and Direct Unvented Hot Water Cylinder by Heatraesadia.

From what I can work out the boiler heats up water overnight to use the next day. Does anyone know who sets these off peak times for the boiler to work overnight? I don't have an off peak tarrif but would it still be the energy company? Or would it be something built into the boiler? The boiler also has a timer attached to it, I asked Heatraesaida if this is something that comes with the boiler but they said no, and we think the timer isn't working, but we're not 100% sure how it is supposed to work. I would assume that you just set it to whatever time it is now and then that'll tell the boiler what time it is to come on/off. However it doesn't seem to change time as it should. Happy to post a picture of the timer if that helps anyone. Also, should note that the heating is run by a separate thermostat system so that is fine, it's just trying to get some hot water!

Many thanks :)

Similar plumbing topics

I understand, thanks for letting me know.
Replies
Views
Ok, thanks will let here leave it is
Replies
Views
A
Might be worth an engineers visit, could be a...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
D
Hi all, i moved recently in new home and...
Replies
Views
Dobsuk
D
O
I have not seen a Horstmann boiler, in the...
Replies
Views
Back