combi pipe work | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss combi pipe work in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

S

sweep

Sorry if this has been asked before or in wrong place first post.iv just moved to a bungalow and had a valiant ecotec plus fitted 837 r1 fitted (cheap) now the wife has decided she wants new rads fitted old ones scruffy and imperial .the pipe fro boiler is 22mm with eight mill going to rads eight in total im eventually going to convert attic so will need min 3 rads up there as well .am i better to change all the heating pipes to 22mm then branching off this to 15mm to rads if im changing radiators anyway or the 8mm be good enough. p.s thanks in advance stevie

It's a benefit to have larger suplies Stevie. Less chance of blockages and restricted flows, and a much longer life expectancy. However it's also a major undertaking to replace. If your existing pipework has been in 15/20yrs I'd be weighing up the odds towards replacement! :)

That will be 11 rads in total.
I would go for the pipework upgrade. It will save a lot of grief in the long run.

Not a bit fan of microbore systems, I have been called to so many faults.

Agree with other comments, not a fan of microbore, seen too many with leaks/ blockages. 22mm and 15mm the way to go, will be worth it in the long run.

Similar plumbing topics

Replies
Views
Replies
Views
P
Mr Speaker: I'm tempted to draught a sarcastic...
Replies
Views
Ideal Vouge 32 kw would suit 10 year...
Replies
Views
As a young man i installed a lot of one pipe...
Replies
Views
Back