combi shows 90 degC but water is cold | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss combi shows 90 degC but water is cold in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Hi, my combi is protherm lynx 24.

I set it to 40 degC to take shower and open hot water, the display shows current water temp, shortly(1-2min) the number on display rises to 80-90 degC, and thinking that the water is hotter than set value it cuts off the flame(gas). Water starts to flow cold but the dislpay keeps showing 80-90 degC forever.

Later I noticed that even without opening the hot water, after setting to 40 deC, the number on display rises to 80-90 degC during 1-2 min.

I opened it, found two temperature sensors, one on cold line, second on hot line. Switched their places, but the same problem still exists.

What can be the problem?

Thanks in advance!

It sounds like you need the services of a suitably qualified engineer for your location. Certain parts need testing and the cover has been removed and will need to be checked for safety.

Last edited by a moderator:
As above, you need a gas safe registered engineer. Please don't alter anything inside the appliance as it is likely to throw the engineer off the scent and more than likely cause unnecessary extra time and maybe even materials which you will end up paying for.

I found the manual for my combi, found that there is one more sensor that I hadn't noticed. Measured it's resistance, its the faulty component. Replaced it and now combi works. But I came back to say that it is sad that while looking for help you only get answers like : be careful, very dangerous, call an engineer/technician, etc. I was looking for a real help or suggestion about the actual problem.

I found the manual for my combi, found that there is one more sensor that I hadn't noticed. Measured it's resistance, its the faulty component. Replaced it and now combi works. But I came back to say that it is sad that while looking for help you only get answers like : be careful, very dangerous, call an engineer/technician, etc. I was looking for a real help or suggestion about the actual problem.
We have different laws in the UK to a lot of other countries so can only advise where we can legally, otherwise it could cause issues. I’m glad you got it sorted and hopefully the boiler will be working safely.

You'll get no help with a gas appliance off this forum unless you are gas safe registered. Laws of the land.

Similar plumbing topics

A gas safe engineer can do the works but they...
Replies
Views
External hounsfield heat only. If you really...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage...
Replies
Views
R
  • Question
I just had installed a Navien NPE-2 with built...
Replies
Views
Rogelio
R
Back