Combi System Flushing - through filling loop. | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Combi System Flushing - through filling loop. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all - more on the saga of my new old home and my Combi System CH!! Having repaired the boiler I am now looking at flushing the system and adding fresh inhibitor. The water that comes out of the radiators is virtually clear - but I have seen posts that say it should be black in the presence of inhibitor where others say this is sludge and needs to be removed - which is right? My other questions is regards flushing the system I have seen posts that say you can use the filling loop ( Ideal for me but how??) to do this but others say remove radiators and flush out with a hose or even powerflush the system. I am looking for a reasonably cheap but effective way to ensure my system is clean so I can add new Inhibitor - Any help would be greatly appreciated -Thanks In Advance.;)

If all system water clear,all rads getting hot,no cold spots why think it needs power flushing,just add/inject your inhibitor and move on :)

Hi again Puddle, None of the radiators have any cold spots although some are a wee bit cooler than others (i'll sort that when I balance the system) I wanted to make sure I was following the procedure prior to adding inhibitor i.e ensuring the system is clean but it confused me when some postings say that the water coming out is usually black!! If you say just add the Inhibitor thats what i'll do its easy now I have added a couple of drain off points and the wife likes ice cream so i've got the empty tubs for the run off!! - thanks again for your valued advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks Chuck for the elaborate explanation...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the science suggestion, I have just...
Replies
Views
Flexible couplings everywhere? Perhaps thats...
Replies
Views
  • Question
In a nutshell, a TT test will only tend to...
Replies
Views
That's my new plan Timmy, I managed to get up...
Replies
Views
Back