Combination boiler with an empty flat in winter - what should I turn off and leave on | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Combination boiler with an empty flat in winter - what should I turn off and leave on in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

doug firr

Hi
My flat will be empty for about 2 weeks. It has a condensing combi boiler.

Should I leave the heating on and turn off the main water supply? Whats the conventional wisdom here?

Thanks!
Doug

Re: Combination boiler with an empty flat in winter - what should I turn off and leav

Turn the thermostat on to low and leave it on.

I have a programmable room stat and it has a holiday setting, whenever I go away I leave it on . If you turn the water off you still have water in the rads, toilet etc so it can freeze. Leaving the heating on low is the best option

Re: Combination boiler with an empty flat in winter - what should I turn off and leav

OK thanks for the info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I’m guessing the installer didn’t have a...
Replies
Views
I would suggest a Grant registered engineer to...
Replies
Views
Do I switch off Electric Hot Heater Cylinder...
Replies
Views
Yep that uses the ideal valves common issue...
Replies
Views
Back